FAQFAQ SuchenSuchen MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen  RegistrierenRegistrieren  ProfilProfil Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenP.M. LoginLogin
SRM 2005

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EURocketry Foren-Übersicht -> Veranstaltungen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  

Autor Nachricht
Stefano Figini

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi 02 Nov 2005, 17:50    Titel: SRM 2005 Antworten mit Zitat

Hi All,

I think it would be interesting for you all to know something about SRM 2005, the spanish meeting.
I am going to Spain every year to attend the meeting, and because the spanish modellers are good friends. The meeting started in 2000 as a simple launch between José Luis (the "father" of rocketry in Spain) and me, and grew in size and attendance every year.

This year it was really really good. The attendance was at the level of the best meetings we know. Beside the spanish there were four of us from Italy and two french, not counting the parents, wives, etc. Not as many people as ALRS, of course, but still a very large number of people and there were almost 60 flights ranging from B motors to L, where the most part was G and H motors.
The level of craftmanship and knowledge is very good, I've seen beautiful rockets no matter the dimensions.

The launch field was not the usual one but a second one the spanish group is using more and more. It is a small aiflield with no traffic, with a friendly owner who allows the use of the field for the meeting.
It is the closest thing to USA launch field I ever saw: hectars of perfectly flat land without a house, a tree or a power line. Combined with virtually no limits of the airspace it makes the perfect place for any flight of any size or altitudes.
I launched my Magnum with a K550 to 1500 meters and it looked like it was near the ground. Giacomo launched his 13 kg Talon with an L850 to 2500 meters and we had hard time to find it because it fell 2 km downrange, perfectly intact and without risks for any house or anything simply because there IS anything.

The meeting is authorized and supported by the Federal Club of Air Sports of Catalunyia, no legal problem of any kind.
The spanish have some good equipment, enough for the biggest part of the rockets although we had to reinforce the bigger launch pads to launch the Talon, the Magnum and some other rockets.

Last, but not less important, the weather was super! We had two days of summer weather, sunny at the point that we were wearing only a t-shirt and still have to protect our neck with cream. It is not the hot weather you can expect from Spain in summer, but it was as a beautiful summer day in most of the other european countries.

I really think it is worth going there for any modeller who wants to launch some big or extreme project or simply have two days of fun in a season which is usually awful for flying in any other place.

It is not close to our countries, I know. But what about all those americans who drive for 3000 or more kilometers to go to some desert or even to grass fields like Geneseo? We have our own Black Rock or Lucerne in Europe, it's in Spain and closer than 3000 km.
From Northern Italy (Milano or Torino) or Switzerland (Neuchatel) is one day driving, all motorway. From Germany it needs a sleep somewhere in between, but it is still feasible.
Or you can do like me: I bought a low cost plane ticket to Barcelona and went to the field by train. Next year I will probably buy a low cost ticket to Girona or Zaragoza (Ryanair) and rent a car. It is faster and definitely less tiring than driving for 12 hours. I loaded my stuff (and stuff to sell) in some friends car.

I really believe you all should think about it. It can be done, it's not so hard.
Your stuff can be loaded as big baggage on a plane, you can find the reloads and all the pyro stuff there through myself. You could also ship the big stuff there: DPD has cheap prices and it's easier than carry the stuff all around the airport. You could even organize a team going by car and carrying the equipment of other guys.
In a way or another I really think it is a meeting worth becoming one of the "must-go" in our continent.

You can see many picture galleries, aerial pictures of the field and movies on ACME website (http://www.razzimodellismo.org), other pictures can be seen on SpainRocketry website http://www.ictisp.com/~cortijos/

Sorry for the long message, I hope it is interesting.

Cheers,

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    EURocketry Foren-Übersicht -> Veranstaltungen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen